The number of blackmail cases has shot up by 80% in the last two years. Instagram and Facebook blackmailers are sending messages to potential targets, quoting a password that you have used before or they claim video footage of your embarrassing moments will be shared with family and friends if payment isn’t made immediately. In This article we’ll discuss Do Blackmailers Follow Through on Instagram & How To fight Back If You’re a Victim.
Table of Contents:
The motivation of a scammer is typically financial gain. They are not going to lose anything by following through with their threats, so do not pay them. Scammers will keep coming back if you’re a soft target – that’s why it’s important to cut all ties in order to stop these criminals from contacting or intimidating you anymore.
What to Do If Blackmailed on Instagram?
Many people are recently in danger of being blackmailed. If this sounds like you, take initial steps:
- If you are being sextorted on Instagram, there is a way to report it. First, go into your profile and tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner followed by settings then select “Report…” Choose “Report Post, Message or Comment”, or “Report Account”.
- You might think that paying the blackmailer will stop their demands, but it won’t. Paying only encourages them and makes you look more susceptible to future attacks.
- You should keep a record of everything that happens with the suspect- take notes on what they say, how you respond. Grabbing screenshots of your messages is a great way to preserve evidence in case you need it later.
- Don’t contact scammers and end all communication immediately so this person cannot continue their scheme.
- When it comes to finding reliable and trustworthy professionals, don’t hesitate and contact us.
What happens when reporting to someone on Instagram?
The report will be anonymous and the account you reported won’t see who reports them. If it is inappropriate content, even though your identity may remain hidden from those responsible for posting such posts. However please know that reporting someone does not guarantee any post’s removal on Instagram.
How Can Blackmailers Get Your Information on Instagram?
Scammers are always looking for ways to get your information, and they use any chance that comes their way. Whether it be through malicious software or phishing emails – you can’t really protect yourself from these guys since most people don’t even know what’s going on until it’s too late.
Data breaches are very common these days and it is likely that the information in this new blackmail message was first collected during one of those hacks. The data set could be bought and sold to people all over the world.
So, making sure your passwords are regularly changed. It helps reduce the risk of criminals getting access to your account on Instagram.
We’re here for you! If your needs are anything from expert advice to service, then our team can provide it. Don’t hesitate in contacting us as we’ll be happy to help out in any way that we possibly can. Now You Know The Answer To The Question Do Blackmailers Follow Through on Instagram?